The Energy Conservation Industry
Energy conservation is critical to the economic well-being of the United States and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. A number of trends are affecting the demand for energy conservation products and services:
• As energy costs continue to skyrocket, businesses and municipalities are under great pressure to reduce energy usage.
• Government regulations have been implemented that require additional amounts of outdoor air be introduced to facilities. This is increasing the load on mechanical systems and causing many of them to be undersized.
• In many parts of the United States, the demand for electricity is exceeding the generating capacity of the utilities, particularly on peak design days. This has led to a resurgence of electric utility rebate programs.
• While electric utility companies are able to save energy and reduce demand through high-efficiency lighting, high-efficiency motors, and variable frequency drives, they are often at a loss for viable cooling-related energy conservation measures.
• Because of global warming, many cooling systems today are undersized and energy costs are increasing. This trend will continue for the foreseeable future.
While there are a number of reputable companies that effectively provide energy conservation services to commercial and industrial customers, they mostly focus on lighting, high-efficiency motors, and variable frequency drives. Aloha is unique within this group in that it provides cooling-related energy conservation products and services as well.