- Decrease electrical demand (kW) and energy usage by 65% or more
- Increase net cooling capacity in refrigerated cases and walk-in boxes through the reduction of heat given off by these motors
Application and Savings
Traditional fans used to move air across the evaporator and condenser coils typically utylize shaded pole (SP) or permanent split capacitor (PSC) motors, which tend to be extremely inefficient.The trend in recent years has been to replace these with ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) motors that can reduce energy usage by 65% or more. RetroCool is an industry leader in retrofitting these motors into existing refrigeration, air conditioning, and ventilation systems.
ECM motors are available in sizes up to 2 horsepower for a wide range of applications. Those include:
- Walk-in box evaporator fans
- Reach-in case evaporator fans
- HVAC evaporator fans
- Air-cooled condenser fans
- Supply and exhaust air ventilation fans
ECM motors also lend themselves to variable speed drive applications, which can lead to even greater savings.
Aloha Energy Group is an industry leader in retrofitting EC motors into existing refrigeration, air conditioning, and ventilation systems.